Sunday, September 20, 2009

Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner!

Some people say he could kick a football so fast and far he'd have only 1.6 seconds to turn around and catch it. We only know he's called The Stig.

I'm a boxing fan and I'm not ashamed to say it, but this morning MMA gets the big time TKO. Now don't get me wrong I do like mixed martial arts as well, but no where near as much as I like watching boxing.

Yes they do both have their ups and downs. Boxing can be boring when you watch two guys who have no business in the same ring dance and hold for twelve rounds. MMA well there you can have the same but for 3-5 rounds or you can have the Mike Tyson effect where the fight is twenty five minutes shorter than the fighters entrances.

Now more to the point of this rant. I've seen my fair share of bumps, bruises, cuts and gashes while watching both and up until about 10:49 am on this fine Sunday the uncrowned king of the bad was Vitali Klitschko's near eye removal at the hands of Lennox Lewis. Okay so it wasn't that bad and he would have won the fight had it continued. That all changed in an instant with this exchange between a fighter and someone on the medical staff of the Ultimate Fighter...I may be getting it slightly wrong but you get the point. I'll set up the scene. Fighter on the table, medic getting ready to stitch up what can only be called the Grand Canyon of cuts right about his right eye. Needle ready to inject a local...

Medic "I'm sure you don't have a fracture there."

Fighter "Why? 'cause you can see the bone?"

Medic "Affirmative."

It gives me shivers just thinking about it. I wish I could remember the fighters name, but in the end he lost and it doesn't really matter. I know I'm harsh that way, but we'll more than likely never be seeing him again..unless in re-runs.

2 comments:

  1. That was gross. I was hoping it was some sort of bandage I'd never seen before. Which in retrospect is a bit naive and hopeful of me.

    I repeat.

    Gross.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should have just included it in the blog to gross everyone out.

    So here.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmOvl2YKsr0

    You're welcome.

    ReplyDelete