Friday, September 18, 2009

Josh Gates is dreamy...

I could make this entire blog an obsessive fan love letter to him. But I won't. (Because that would make me seem crazy.)

So, the second episode of the season was on this week. I was pleased to find out that the theory I formed when I watched my second episode ever was once more upheld as true. Every episode is better than the last. And I will be watching this one again as often as possible until the new episode.


In this episode the gang found themselves in Mexico...and apparently freaked out by dolls. Well, Mexican Island of the Dolls dolls.

Especially the ones that open and close their eyes on their own.
(I'm sorta with them on this one. That mess was just not right.)

The bonus part of this episode was that Tango and Steve from Ghost Hunters were on hand to help Josh decipher the (ahem) evidence that was gathered in with the creepy, creepy Mexi-dolls.

I want to go there and see those dolls altho I fear they would consume my soul. But then again, Anthony Bourdain visited there last season on No Reservations and he came away mostly unscathed. (Speaking of No Reservations, this week he was in Sardinia and featured maybe the grossest thing I have ever seen on his show. Even grosser than the barbecued pig anus. The explodes-when-you-cut-into-it-boiled-stomach-of-blood-and-bread was like a festive pinata of gore at a vampire's birthday. Ew.) I think I would survive at least. As long as no dolls actually demonstrated any supernatural creepiness anywhere near me. I expect the run of the mill creepy. See above picture. Altho you should watch the episode to see the epitome of creepy. Those dolls in night vision. *shudder.*

Do yourself a favor and get thee to hulu and watch it.

I don't mean to ignore the second case of the episode. It's just that the first was just so awesome! But the second is very educational. I learn new things from J.G. all the time. He asks the tough questions. "How drunk is too drunk to run a hardware store?" And he gives great advice, too. Like, "Buying a machete is a lot like buying a new car. Always take it for a test drive."

Oh, Josh, is there anyone better than you on television?

(Okay, maybe Sheriff Jack Carter, but unfortunately, he is fictional. Sigh.)

1 comment:

  1. "If that doll opens it's eyes I'll shit myself."

    Josh Gates is what Indiana Jones should have been like.

    ReplyDelete