Wednesday, November 18, 2009

V or as I'd like to call it "Another show bites the dust"

Some people say his liver tastes like Doritos, others say his fingers if licked are hotter than the fabled ghost chilli, but here we just call him The Stig.

I just finished watching the pilot to the new V mini series and quite frankly there's only one thing I can really say about it.

Nothing is sacred, nothing at all.


To me what I watched is about as much V as the new Battlestar Galactica was to me. Now I know there are millions of you out there that watched Battlestar and thought it was awesome and believe you me I gave that one a fighting chance as well, but it was something else entirely and did little to capture the essence of what made the original fun to watch, but I digress. This blog isn't about that show it's about the new V.

*sigh*

Visitors vs. Resistance who will win this battle for Earth? Do I really care at this point? If this show carries on the way the pilot did (if the writers and producers and whom ever else is attached to this show are on that planet) actually no I don't. I hope the Visitors put everyone on the planet in stasis, fry up a few wings and dine on their assess. Well not actually their asses that would be good for a slow roast or maybe even some smoking. Instead I suggest the brain. I mean after all with these characters and writers (whom I'm still saying live on that world so I don't have to believe they live on mine) are soft and mush like jello or tapioca pudding. Actually a drill and a straw and you have one hell of a snack on the space trip back to V'world.

*sigh*

1 comment:

  1. Doritos? Really? Well...a nice accompaniment to human brains at any rate.

    I have to disagree with you here. Surprise.

    V, much like the remade Battlestar Galactica, is not hopeless. The second half of the first episode was great. And personally, I love that they dove right in, assuming we all had enough knowledge of the original to know what the what was. I think the relationships they are focusing on are a bit forced so far, but then, that's what sells tv shows. Everyone but me seems to care about who is sleeping with whom and what family dynamic is being tested by a massive overhaul on what they know as "normal." (Flashforward is a great example of what is wrong with this formula. They are doing well to draw out the intrigue of what is going on, but frankly I am rooting for a certain main character couple to just break the fuck up already. And then there is the whole, "non-understanding-woman-in-the-relationship" when her guy is actually out trying to save the world or figure out what the fuck is happening. Same thing is happened in V. Do the women in these writer's minds really have no sense of the world greater than themselves? Apparently...but I digress now.)

    But then, on both counts (BG and V), I wasn't a big enough fan of them back in the day that I wish to relive them. But I understand the point of Hollywood (or Vancouver or London where ever these things are actually filmed) remaking things to their detriment. Case in point, Tim Burton being allowed to get his mitts on Alice in Wonderland. He should have a lifetime ban on remaking things. There, I said it.

    ReplyDelete